Dojoe fit on Classic 1

Bor

Hi ,

i have been hearing some that some Dojoe users have issues fitting the Dojoe on a Classic 1 

is this a real issue , KD says it fits Classic  without mentioning any generations 

I have ordered  my Dojoe and nned to be sure this will perfectly fit my Classic 1. 18”

Cheers

2 hours ago, Bor said:

Hi ,

i have been hearing some that some Dojoe users have issues fitting the Dojoe on a Classic 1 

is this a real issue , KD says it fits Classic  without mentioning any generations 

I have ordered  my Dojoe and nned to be sure this will perfectly fit my Classic 1. 18”

Cheers

There have been some instances where the DoJOE won't fit but they are rare.  

Thx for the replies , it’s hard to fantom how some could have issues and others don’t .....  how can standard measurements differ between both items that would disrupt proper fitting between the 2 

also, what do you guys think of lining the Dojoe ( even the Joetisserie ) with Nomex in order to preserve the gasket on the KJ during cooks

i am also hearing these two items go through gaskets fast

on my end i have noticed my gasket was completely gone this season and i used my Joetisserie quite alot last season 

i replaced it following John’s gasket replacement video ..thx John

Cheers

10 hours ago, Bor said:

Thx for the replies , it’s hard to fantom how some could have issues and others don’t .....  how can standard measurements differ between both items that would disrupt proper fitting between the 2 

also, what do you guys think of lining the Dojoe ( even the Joetisserie ) with Nomex in order to preserve the gasket on the KJ during cooks

i am also hearing these two items go through gaskets fast

on my end i have noticed my gasket was completely gone this season and i used my Joetisserie quite alot last season 

i replaced it following John’s gasket replacement video ..thx John

Cheers

the problem is that some of the grills made during that time were not all exactly the same size.... 

Wow ..... really intrigued as how these variations can happen at that level when products are molded ..... the only explanation would be that the molds are not all at precise measurements between each other 

strange ...

Hope my Dojoe fits my classic 1  correctly  seems like a gamble

Cheers

I think most of the variation came in the early models and was from changing suppliers. My BJ is an early model from back when they were having shipping problems, due to the LA Longshoreman's strike.