Easy Pizza with Store Bought Dough

I made my first pizzas on my Vision grill last week after reading all of the tips and recommendations on this site and watching a ton of videos on YT.

We had great success using the Wewalka premade pizza dough available at many grocery stores.

It is already on high temperature (500 degree) parchment paper so everything is already done for you.  Simply unroll the dough and add sauce and your ingredients.

The parchment makes transfer from peel to stone and back easy as pie.

I also kept my temperatures lower between 400 and 450 to allow more room for error and to make sure my deflector setup was working.

The results turned out great and we'll use this method most of the time going forward.

I am sure I will eventually make my own crust one day as I gain experience but if you are a beginner like me give this a try!

PXL_20210421_224537364.jpg

PXL_20210421_224528222.jpg

Pizza dough is really pretty simple to make from scratch: flour, water, salt, yeast + time in a warm spot. There’s an app (PizzApp) that calculates the ingredient weights based on time and fermentation temp. You do need a good scale with .01g accuracy, since yeast weight is pretty minuscule.