Just joined and introducing myself

Henry B 3

Been grilling since my dad put me in front of a gasser as a teenager and now I'm a 61 yr old powerlifter who joined because I love this stuff and can't learn enough.  After breaking my large BGE top at the beginning of a band/gasket change and going thru a 2 day depression 5 days ago with no cussing or crying, I just purchased a Big Joe II which will delivered here next week.  Looking forward to this experience and of course learning and sharing information.   

Welcome @Henry B 3!  Very sorry to hear the fate of your BGE, but sounds like you weathered the storm like a champ. I am pretty sure cussing and crying would have been my first and second reactions. 

Sounds like you’ve made a plan and taken action to be cooking again in no time. Congratulations on your new KJ Big Joe II. :)

Henry sorry about your BGE accident but the cloud has a silver lining your getting a new grill. As for the cussing and crying, I would be doing it till the new one got here. I'm a bit (?) older i got started with a grill with my dad on a charcoal grill,  fond memories of running from the garage through the snow with a platter of ribs or chicken.

Thank you guys.  I went ahead and spent a little more money on things.  A couple of probes that needed to be replaced on my BBQ Guru, grabbed another carbon steel wok.  I did not realize how excited I was until I corned my wife and I caught myself just babbling away like a teenage girl.  Have not grilled in a week and what I prepared in the oven just did not cut it.  How do people survive without outdoor fire?  

len440...yes...yes, I so remember the taste of charcoal fluid.  I forgot about that.