Jump to content

Dia dhaoibh as Éireann/Hello from Ireland


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. Currently eagerly waiting on a delivery of a Classic Joe II here in Ireland. Been using an 18” Weber kettle the last few years so thought it was time for an upgrade. Looking forward to smoking and grilling our fantastic Irish meat as well as fish, vegetables, nuts, anything I can get my hands on really! Been lurking on this forum for a while and there is a lot of helpful info on here. Can’t wait to get stuck in to my KJ when it arrives! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome aboard from Canada.  Didn’t find any good source of BBQ when we toured Ireland two years ago.  Time for you to step up for the Emerald Isle and show us otherwise!  LOL. 
 

Actually all is good...  Enjoy your stay with us!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum and let us know how it goes with the new Joe.  And keep us up to date on the different cuts of meat you cook.  I always find the difference in butchering from country to country and even region to region fascinating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 5:59 PM, JeffieBoy said:

Welcome aboard from Canada.  Didn’t find any good source of BBQ when we toured Ireland two years ago.  Time for you to step up for the Emerald Isle and show us otherwise!  LOL. 
 

Actually all is good...  Enjoy your stay with us!

I believe Smokin Bones on dame street in Dublin is good if you are ever back

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 10:42 AM, AlbertoBalsalm said:

Hi everyone. Currently eagerly waiting on a delivery of a Classic Joe II here in Ireland. Been using an 18” Weber kettle the last few years so thought it was time for an upgrade. Looking forward to smoking and grilling our fantastic Irish meat as well as fish, vegetables, nuts, anything I can get my hands on really! Been lurking on this forum for a while and there is a lot of helpful info on here. Can’t wait to get stuck in to my KJ when it arrives! 

Failte, Dia duit,conas ata tu?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ronan said:

I believe Smokin Bones on dame street in Dublin is good if you are ever back

Thanks for this.  We actually had SmokinBones and Pitt Bros on our list to do whilst in Dublin.  Aircraft issues from YHM - DUB meant that instead of 3 days in Dublin we got 1. Since it was pouring, we just did a hop on, hop off bus until 6pm, grabbed dinner somewhere across the river and then hit the first bar we found.  
 

We will be going back to explore Dublin again.  We loved what we saw, and want more!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JeffieBoy said:

Thanks for this.  We actually had SmokinBones and Pitt Bros on our list to do whilst in Dublin.  Aircraft issues from YHM - DUB meant that instead of 3 days in Dublin we got 1. Since it was pouring, we just did a hop on, hop off bus until 6pm, grabbed dinner somewhere across the river and then hit the first bar we found.  
 

We will be going back to explore Dublin again.  We loved what we saw, and want more!

The other things to eat in Dublin is the Chicken Sish Kebab from Zaytoons on Parliment Street, Smoked Cod and Chips from Leo Burrdocks at Christchurch

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Chairmaker said:

Conas a ta tu?

I'm a Westmeathman over in Lancashire.  I'm also awaiting on a delivery from KJ so I feel your pain! ;-)

 

Táim go maith buíochas le Dia! Yeah our KJ should have been arriving today but not coming for (at least another) 3 weeks now. I blame that stupid boat getting stuck in the Suez Canal! Just had 30kg of charcoal delivered to the house so I am well prepared at least...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...