Vision Pro C or Kamado Joe Classic I?

I could not find a place to put this so here it is.

Looing at Kamado cookers, something completely new to me. I've had lots of grills & smokers over the years but not one of these.  Trying to keep the price tag at $800 or less (if possible) and these two are in that range. I like that both of these have a way to clean out the ash without digging through everything to do it.

My use will normally be for two of us but on occasion 6-8 maybe. And I would love to try a brisket sometime, so I'm wanting it to be a grill AND a smoker, and then maybe I can get rid of my giant smoker..

So I'm kinda leaning towards those two but I am also open to suggestions of something else if there is a good reason for it.

Thanks.

All the Kamados work about the same , there maybe a difference in the included accessories, deflectors , adjustable grates , etc. Either one of those will fill your needs. John Setzler   wrote a good book that is very helpful to new Kamado users. Good Luck with your Kamado and keep us posted

9 hours ago, A.O. said:

Or is the Kamado Joe Classic II worth the extra expense?

The Classic II is definitely worth considering.  It has built-in improvements, that cannot be added later, including the air-lift hinge, and an oven quality gasket with a lifetime guarantee, and a built-in rain cap for the upper vent, so that you can cook in the rain if desired.  For all practical purposes, a Classic II can be turned into a Classic III with the purchase of several accessories.   The same cannot be said of the Classic I.

7 hours ago, Avwriter said:

The Classic II is definitely worth considering.  It has built-in improvements, that cannot be added later, including the air-lift hinge, and an oven quality gasket with a lifetime guarantee, and a built-in rain cap for the upper vent, so that you can cook in the rain if desired.  For all practical purposes, a Classic II can be turned into a Classic III with the purchase of several accessories.   The same cannot be said of the Classic I.

I know the  gasket  and the Kontrol Tower Top can be purchased separately for not a lot of money, which makes that hinge about a $350 option.. not sure its worth it. And thanks.

So I was in Lowes this morning getting some well parts and knew they carried the KJ Classic I so I had a look. It was the new version with the divide and conquer, and the segmented charcoal bowl , so I was ready to buy , they had 3 but they were all already assembled , rats, I wanted one in the box so I took a pass , so still shopping.

9 hours ago, A.O. said:

they had 3 but they were all already assembled , rats, I wanted one in the box so I took a pass , so still shopping.

My KJI was the floor model and I got a good deal on it. I was happy that it was assembled. Saved me the problem of assembling it.

6 minutes ago, Golf Griller said:

My KJI was the floor model and I got a good deal on it. I was happy that it was assembled. Saved me the problem of assembling it.

My problem with it is there is no good way to secure  it in the back of my truck and I live about 1/2 hour away and drive like a maniac! ;-)  Also getting it off the truck when I get it home may be a problem if its assembled, in a box I can pick it up and move it with the forks on my tractor and set it right in my deck. ALSO, the one I did see that they assembled you could not get the ash tray out of the unit due to misalignment..

Well I opted for and just bought a Kamado Joe Classic I, they will deliver it Monday. I liked the option of the Divide and Conquer thing, and looks to be lots more accessories for the KJCI than for the Vision and I suppose a lot of them will work in either.

The thermometer is little confusing two temp rings with different temps, Outer ring has a Fahrenheit marking, the inner I'm sure is Celsius but it isn't marked as such..

And its lit.. here goes..