Roast Fail

Tried a 2lbs sirloin tip roast & mesquite, maintained 250F no problem, I pulled the roast at internal temp 135F.  Very rare, too bloody for my wife.

How to improve?

2 hours ago, Ricorocks said:

Tried a 2lbs sirloin tip roast & mesquite, maintained 250F no problem, I pulled the roast at internal temp 135F.  Very rare, too bloody for my wife.

How to improve?

Moving out of the recipes section to general discussion....

If you pulled it at 135 it should have cooked up to at least 140-145 in residual cooking after you removed it.  If it was bloody and rare either your thermometer is inaccurate or you weren't measuring the temp from the center of the roast.

4 hours ago, John Setzler said:

If you pulled it at 135 it should have cooked up to at least 140-145 in residual cooking after you removed it.  If it was bloody and rare either your thermometer is inaccurate or you weren't measuring the temp from the center of the roast.

Or the roast was not allowed to rest and have the carry-over cooking to raise the temperature.

It rested after cook for at least 30min.  Then it sat on the counter, even longer, lots more blood, fridge, next

am lots of blood in container.

I used Thermoworks Smoke X2, entire cook.  I probably should have, trimmed off more fat off before cooking.

Thanks