KJoe Classic II now comes standard with the metal shelves like the Classic III?

I recently took delivery of a Classic II from Atlanta Grill Company, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it came with metal shelves, instead of the plastic ones that it normally comes with.  I thought that was an exclusive feature of the Classic III, as it was one of their advertising points.  Anyone know if this is standard now, or was it just a fortunate fluke? 

My Big Joe ll arrived this week with the metal shelves, which was a pleasant surprise. I guess given the difficulty with global shipping over the last year it's probably a lot easier and cheaper to harmonise stock.

I didn't get a firebox divider though:sad:

9 hours ago, The Chairmaker said:

My Big Joe ll arrived this week with the metal shelves, which was a pleasant surprise. I guess given the difficulty with global shipping over the last year it's probably a lot easier and cheaper to harmonise stock.

I didn't get a firebox divider though:sad:

Uh oh, whats the firebox divider?

It's a flat plate shaped to the profile of the firebox. It fits into the cast iron plate at the bottom of the firebox, dividing the firebox in two. Great for banking the charcoal towards the back when using a Joetisserie.

They used to come as standard in the Big Joe's.

I’m in the UK and received my Classic II this week complete with metal shelves, having seen this post I specified 2021 stock when ordering and the dealer confirmed metal shelves before shipping. 

And I just received My Classic I from Lowes yesterday and it also has the metal shelves!  Also a pleasant surprise.

On 5/14/2021 at 12:40 PM, The Chairmaker said:

It's a flat plate shaped to the profile of the firebox. It fits into the cast iron plate at the bottom of the firebox, dividing the firebox in two. Great for banking the charcoal towards the back when using a Joetisserie.

They used to come as standard in the Big Joe's.

Thanks for the response, My classic I didn't come with one either, but the charcoal basket did.

Same for me, just got a Classic II from BBQGuys last week and it had the metal shelves. When I saw it, I thought they had accidently sent me a series 3 by accident lol. No such luck....

43 minutes ago, primotenore said:

Are these metal shelves heat resistant? 

They seem to be.

However, they are coated steel. The steel is magnetic so I am guessing that they are just ordinary mild steel, so if the coating gets damaged then I would think that they will rust.