Kamado Joe Classic - fire bowl replaced and surface is not level

zero

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on the forum.  My fire bowl cracked into several large chunks recently and Kamado Joe sent me the new(er) fire bowl as a replacement.  I purchased mine I think in 2016, when it was all one piece.  The new one that is in 4 or 5 pieces (or more?) is nice, but my grill surface does not level anymore.  It's not a huge deal, but when I'm cooking something simple like hot dogs they actually roll to the back of the grill.  The difference height also creates some difference (super minor) in heat zones.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this with replacement fire bowls?  Recommended solutions?  Does it sound like a workmanship defect that's worth another warranty claim?  Thanks!

Butchers fault, they need to make square sausages/hotdogs!!!

Seriously, you just need to jiggle the petals to level them up before putting the charcoal basket or grate in.

Use a spirit level if you have one that fits, I do mine by eye

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

Butchers fault, they need to make square sausages/hotdogs!!!

Seriously, you just need to jiggle the petals to level them up before putting the charcoal basket or grate in.

Use a spirit level if you have one that fits, I do mine by eye

Hah, too funny on the hot dog note!  Yeah, I'll try jiggling the petals a little more but there's only so much that can be done with the metal ring around the top that holds them all together.  The ash scoop at the bottom also doesn't go in and out as well.  I was at Lowe's recently and they had some newer models in stock with the new design and they all had flush grates and seamlessly sliding ash pans, lol.  I'll play with it a little more.  I like how the new design makes it less likely to crack the fire bowl, but it also makes cleaning out all the ashes more of a pain.