Deep Clean...

Ricorocks

I typically fire my Kamado up to 500 then kill it after most cooks just for ongoing cleaning.  However much charcoal you will need to reach 600 is how much charcoal you will need if you're just doing a cleaning burn.  It does not need to be completely full.

Like Don I try to continually clean it and keep it that way. I do not get it to 500 though. Just the temp it was cooking at. After a year I see no need for a deep cleaning. Drip pans where needed helps too

Like Donbb after cooking i let it go up about 450 -500 while eating dinner (temp wise your part way to this temp )  then brush the grates off  when it is done smoking (burning off grease and stuff off deflectors and grates)and shut it down. Length of cleaning will depend on how much grease drips down. If fire bowl holes are filled with ash a quick suck with the shop vac (make sure it's cold and no glowing coals) maybe every 8 months or so dissemble and vac all and scrub dome with with nylon brush if needed.

Keep an eye on it when you do...One time I had no deflectors in, swung open the top vent wide open on the little pivot hinge, with the door wide open.  Lots of grease had built up prior...after 15-20 mins flames were shooting out the top vent about 8" high...almost caused a problem, and would have been a problem if I didn't catch it when I did.