Posters

I've been grilling roughly since 1973 when I got married.  Got me a Weber kettle because of all the good things I'd heard of about them.  They don't rust.  They rot out from excessive heat and the acidic acid in the ash from charcoal and lump eat the aluminum parts.  I went through 1 every 10 years for a total of 4 before I went ceramic.  Loved my webers but love my Joes more.

Monkey grill….I gave all mine away.  Other than having to clean them (before use) with simple green, that is all I do.  Now, the grills are under shelter, but still outside.  (Think covered patio with a hot tub, table and grills all on outside perimeter.)

Been doing it this way for 12 or so years now.

I upgraded all my grates (years ago) to killagrilla and the Weber bbq system (came in my newer performer-use that one with Vortex so the center is out).

12 hours ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

Loved my webers but love my Joes more.

Same here. My Kettle remains in the arsenal, but nowadays I tend to only pull it out when I need extra cooking space. It served me well over the years and remains incredibly versatile, especially with the Slow n Sear. But I was never able to control temp as well as I can with the KJ.

On 12/13/2021 at 2:37 AM, PHEAD said:

if im spending over $1000 on a kamado its going to be ceramic, not cheap metal that will rust out in a few years.

If you think metal is cheaper than ceramic then you've clearly never attended a pottery class...

• 1 month later...

Ordered my Summit E6 yesterday from HD. I've been wanting one since the original version came out. We just bought a new house and the wife told me to get what I wanted. This is an upgrade from an Akorn, which served me well for 7 years. 

I agree the price is still a little elevated but the surface area gained over some competitors is significant. Plus, it's a Weber. 

21 hours ago, bstacy1974 said:

get what I wanted

Congratulations!  On the house, and on the grill as well.  Hoping they both serve you well for a very long time.

22 hours ago, bstacy1974 said:

Ordered my Summit E6 yesterday from HD. I've been wanting one since the original version came out. We just bought a new house and the wife told me to get what I wanted. This is an upgrade from an Akorn, which served me well for 7 years. 

I agree the price is still a little elevated but the surface area gained over some competitors is significant. Plus, it's a Weber. 

I am sure you are gonna love it... i haven't cooked on one but I have seen a couple of them up close.  They are definitely well made...