Whatcha Cookin For Memorial Day?

11 minutes ago, Henry B 3 said:

I hate to say it, but nothing.  Tweaked my knee on a lift and compounded the issue stepping on some uneven concrete while walking the dogs a couple of hours later.  We ordered out instead, my head is hanging.  

Anyway a big shout out to the Veterans, as you have made and continue to make this all possible for us.  Bless you all. 

My dad joined the army at 16 in 1945,  mostly as a means to escape his circumstances in Chicago. And while I believe wwII ended before he completed boot camp, He did see action in Korea. 

It’s very difficult for me to separate celebrating, honoring and remembering our fallen servicemen without also considering those in law enforcement who also have made the ultimate sacrifice. Particularly the past two years when so many have fallen. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, len440 said:

Tex BBQ I'm open to be adopted I must confess I had some doubts that it would all fit on your BJ. They look fantastic I'm holding back from licking my screen How is that custom grill grate for doing steaks?

It's great! Holds a ton of heat and I can, if desired, remove the entire Divide & Conquer and drop it on top of the firebox. But, 90% of the time I'm doing reverse sears on it so I need the deflectors in place.

Edited by CentralTexBBQ

CentralTexBBQ, I was raised in a military family and spent a few years in base housing.  All of the neighborhoods I grew up in were a stones throw from the base itself.  I personally knew of kids a couple years older than I, that were drafted and never came home.  It was not uncommon to have friends who grew up without fathers.  I have several buddies who were in Special Forces and some of their stories are simply not appropriate to repeat here on this forum.  

Many people are clueless as to what prices were paid.  Memorial Day is just that, a time to reflect on what was sacrificed, sorry for the rant, but I agree with ya.   

@baileybbq  i love corn on the kamado.  My mouth is watering looking at your photos… Here in Ontario fresh(ish) corn (from Florida IIRC) is currently going for a dollar a cob or more right now in packs of 5 cobs.  I think I am going to have to soften my stance one of these days.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:43 PM, JeffieBoy said:

@baileybbq  i love corn on the kamado.  My mouth is watering looking at your photos… Here in Ontario fresh(ish) corn (from Florida IIRC) is currently going for a dollar a cob or more right now in packs of 5 cobs.  I think I am going to have to soften my stance one of these days.

These are just corns from Costco :)