New Kamado BBQer

Krusty

Hello, everyone!  My new Kamado Joe Classic III is due to arrive today and I can't wait to get it in action.

I've been grilling on Webers for years and I thought that it was finally time to take BBQing to the next level.  I've watched loads of videos and have seen the amazing things that people make in their Kamados.  I'm looking forward to all of the deliciously meaty goodies that I plan to grill.

It took me a while to make the choice between a nice kamado style grill or a pellet smoker and I think that I've made the right choice.

I look forward to learning and sharing here!

Welcome, Krusty, we're glad to have both you and you're new. Joe Classic with us. I have been cooking on a large green egg for years, but just recently got a Traeger Timberline 850 with all the new WiFi connections and such. Easy cooking, turns out some fantastic Big Cut cooks like brisket, but the residual saw dust from the fan is off-putting, and while I like cooking on it, I  truly love and enjoy cooking on my egg. Just something about the zen of  fire, and smoke that makes the magic happen. Enjoy your new Joe and the forum conversation as well. 

Welcome Krusty Either one would have been a god choice. They both have their pros and cons. The key is to use it and enjoy it. Have you seen this