To find lump in my charcoal!!  dumped a couple bags into a container trying to find ANY lumps in there... No such luck with the Royal Oak, not nary a lump in the bag, the biggest pieces were not even briquette sized.. very disappointing! The bag of B&B did have some at the bottom of the bag at least. MAN I hate to have to pay 25 bucks for a bag of the Kamado Joe Big Lump , I'd be afraid to open it up and see whats in there!

Getting ready to cook my first brisket tomorrow and wanted a good pile of good charcoal in there.. had to hand pick but I think its ok, we will see if it lasts as long as the cook!

IMG_5569.JPG

IMG_5570.JPG

Kamado Joe big block is expensive but you wont be disappointed in the sizes. Ive used Kamado Joe Big Block, Atlanta Grill Company Charcoal and Royal Oak. To be honest I main Atlanta Grill Company the chunks arent as giant as Kamado Joe but there light years better then Royal Oak. I only use Royal Oak when I need charcoal right now and didnt plan ahead and order Atlanta Grill Company coal. 

I just moved from Ohio to Texas and bought a bag of B&B and the pieces were massive.  I'm wondering if its produced closer to where I am now so the chunks don't break during shipping or if I just got lucky.  I had bought some when I lived in Ohio as well but those bags were nothing like the jackpot I hit with this one.

Ok, so I think I will just toss that bag of Royal Oak and consider it a lesson and a loss.. no more Royal Oak for me I think. I was at Wall Mart yesterday and saw this Expert Grill bag, so I groped it a bit and it seemed pretty good so I bought a bag.. so far its a hit. nice big chunks along with some smalls. Testing it now on a rack of pork ribs, we'll see how it does.

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5704.JPG