Professional Chef here……

I’ve been in the restaurant business for 38 years and I just received a KJ I. So far so good. The learning curve doesn’t seem to be too steep. I’ve heard about kamado’s for years but I just figured it was another trendy trinket. After burning thought several grills and smokers there past 10 years, I did some research into a grill that would do it all and be more durable. Lo and behold, these things seem to fit the bill. Here’s to a long lasting and fruitful relationship. 

Tommy welcome I too bought my kamado for something that would last and be easy to use on various types of cooking. Plus i got tired of seeing just how thin the sheet metal they can make a grill out of. My last one was almost tin foil lot of bends to firm it up. Hope you enjoy your grill and post some pics.

Welcome, Chef, glad to have both you and your KJ with us. Yes Kamodos are actually more a charcoal fired outdoor convection oven than they are simply a traditional BBG grill or smoker. You can pretty much cook anything in a kamado that you can in a kitchen oven, along with all the BBQ classics. With your skills, you should have a ton of fun with that concept.