Finished trimming brisket

You can’t tell by these photos but this is one of the most beautiful briskets I have ever seen, absolutely beautiful red color.  Trimmed all the junk off, rubbed some avocado oil with love and attention and hit it with some rub. 
Will reside it the fridge for about 10 hours, letting it sit out for an hour or so and in the Joe it goes tonight. I had brisket dreams last night, yeah, I’m that weird.   

4C5B2C87-C2A8-46B9-850F-EA1DDB8D44BB.jpeg

2 hours ago, A.O. said:

Did you take all the fat off?

I take more off than most people, especially the hard fat. I just don’t like eating it. I leave some on for insulation/moisture retention purposes. And I rarely spritz, never on overnighters.  

16 hours ago, Scott Roberts said:

If you didn't this time save those fat trims to produce beef tallow which you can used to cook some good home fries and inject into some brisket or beef ribs for some great favor!

Scott, this is genius. I can honestly tell you it has never come to my mind.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 5:57 PM, Scott Roberts said:

If you didn't this time save those fat trims to produce beef tallow which you can used to cook some good home fries and inject into some brisket or beef ribs for some great favor!

+1 on using the trimmings to make beef tallow. You can render them down by putting them in a foil pan and cooking with the brisket. That gets a great smoke flavor in the tallow. Pull it off before wrapping, let it set up, then smear your butcher paper with tallow. Place the non-fat side of the brisket on the tallow, wrap up and finish the cook! 

Another great hack with tallow: get some Wagyu beef tallow, melt it during the cook in a pan to get smoke, let it set up and follow the same process. This gets you a Wagyu-like flavor without spending a fortune on the brisket. Also goes great on steak!