Hey I'm Freedom Guy

Freedom Guy

I'm Tom.  I live in Texas - have been considering a Kamado Grill for about 5 years and just got one last week, a Chargriller Akorn.  Used it for 4 Meals in first 6 days of ownership.  Jumped first on some pork ribs; then did a meal with burgers, corn on the cob and some skewered onions & peppers; next were some pork chops; then some rib eyes and asparagus ; tonight is more corn on the cob with chicken breasts.  Father's Day is coming up and I'm thinking Brisket so I was looking at the various posts here.

Tom 

I hate you ! You have fresh sweet corn. One of my tsavorite things for the grill we have several more weeks till we start getting corn from southern Ohio. Glad your putting your new Akorn to good use. Here is some helpful hints .Good luck with your grill.

Welcome aboard from a Canadian Akorn Nut.  I’ve been using mine for 9 years and have managed to make “forced errors” on just about every cut of meat at least once.  The results are still always better than gas grilling though!  Enjoy your Akorn.

@len440 Don't be hating on me for my sweet corn (season is still pretty early here and the quality has been mixed - Saturday's corn from the farmer's market was pretty bland).

I'm a former Buckeye too (grew up in NW Ohio and went to College at Miami University in Oxford)

Grew  up east of the mistake by the lake  now I'm a country bumpkin. Nothing worse than bland patiently waiting for the silver queen season (only about 2 weeks long).Keep grilling and go cowboys.

@len440 "Mistake on the Lake" haven't heard that one in a while.  About 2 years ago I was up in the Youngstown/Canton/Akron area on business...while I was there, I heard no song (including in the fine Akron/Canton Airport) that was recorded after 1985 (mostly late 70's early 80's)...I while it was definitively some great music, the time travel through multiple decades was painful (I think the pay phone in the airport was there to use as a portal).

On 6/14/2021 at 10:27 AM, Freedom Guy said:

@len440 Don't be hating on me for my sweet corn (season is still pretty early here and the quality has been mixed - Saturday's corn from the farmer's market was pretty bland).

I'm a former Buckeye too (grew up in NW Ohio and went to College at Miami University in Oxford)

I had relatives in OH.... ;-)

Welcome from another new (to this forum) bie.