Just some steaks....

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I had some lovely Aberdeen Angus sirloin from my local butcher. 1Kg cut into two steaks - so about 1.1lbs each.

I gave them some S&P and stuck them in the sous-vide at 49C (120F) for a couple of hours while my wife and I drank wine on the patio. When they were done, I fired the Kamado up for searing at hit them for about 90 seconds a side at 370C (700F). Then I blistered up some Padrone peppers coated in salt and EVOO. A little salad and some Cornish new potatoes completed it.

Simple and lovely.

IMG_6249.thumb.jpeg.9fda618fab3999e48a75dd7b2c25f150.jpeg

IMG_6251.thumb.jpeg.7c5034c373c1427f014d54a99f0f4b7d.jpeg

And to think I thought the brits only ate steak and kidney pie. Only kidding looks like a great meal Your patio routine is similar to mine The peppers look similar to jalapeno peppers here. Stuff mine with cheese

1 hour ago, len440 said:

And to think I thought the brits only ate steak and kidney pie. Only kidding looks like a great meal Your patio routine is similar to mine The peppers look similar to jalapeno peppers here. Stuff mine with cheese

:-) These peppers are the same thing as Shi####o peppers - much thinner walled than a jalapeño. They are also very, very mild with almost no chilli kick at all - except for about 1 in 20 which is actually hot.

I am a fan of a stuffed jalapeño though!

My wife works with a firm in London and is currently in conference which I am overhearing.  Not sure how much business is going on but they are so damn funny while I am admiring your photos.     

Love your Steak photos, I like steak done simple but also  perfect when it comes to color, texture, and temp. Yours looks to fill that bill. I also love Pardon peppers we call em Shi####o peppers. I blister them in a small carbon steel pan with olive oil, whole coves of garlic, and a non healthy dose of kosher salt. Since you like the peppers you might like an olive dish I make. I use a combination of pitted Kalmata and Castlevetrano olives sautéed in olive oil with cloves of garlic, Orange peel,  feta cheese, and a splash of Sherry. (get the color where you want it, add the cheese, and then a splash of sherry. When the Sherry disappears, their done) Amazing flavor and can be used like a tapa just like the peppers.

IMG_0773.thumb.jpeg.aef064b5bf1317fc24b5ab2029bb337b.jpeg

IMG_0776.thumb.jpeg.bce68aa31db80fb16c035ebd3d9b895b.jpeg

IMG_0774.thumb.jpeg.8f3d8f2fc41b016ea02470f8e8f8f08a.jpeg

16 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Since you like the peppers you might like an olive dish I make....

Why yes, I do like the look of that. A lot.

Will give it a try. I expect I will have to serve it with a few glasses of chilled Fino sherry!

On 6/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, len440 said:

I stuff mine with shrimp and wrap them in bacon.

7 hours ago, adm said:

Why yes, I do like the look of that. A lot.

Will give it a try. I expect I will have to serve it with a few glasses of chilled Fino sherry!

We don't drink much sherry but cook with it a lot. Any good wine will do, I usually serve wine by the main dish and amazingly the tapas seem to blend in. The last time I made this, is served it prior to a rock fish piccata over linguini with a nice chardonnay. Olive seem to go with pretty much anything. The sherry splash gives the olives a fruity, nutty, essence.

ADM:

Beautiful cook!  I love how your peppers came out.

(We actually grew 'those' can't-name-'em-here peppers.  We had a worse name for them.  The plant only yielded three scrawny seedy peppers.)

Oooo...keeperofdeflame's olive dish!