Costco Coho 55qt Rotomolded Cooler

Mikejonce

Speaking of coolers… Has anyone purchased the 55 quart Coho cooler from Costco? They have it on sale on their website for $139 but I believe you can get it in store for 119. I have been shopping coolers nonstop for the last few days and I’m starting to get paralysis by analysis. I just figured Costco is a safe bet and the cooler is Rotomolded sooooo…that’s good right? Trying to stay away from the $300+ coolers.

I bought it before going on a lake trip last weekend from the store (yes it was 119 there) and it seems great. Pretty much identical to the $400 Yeti. My only problems with it is that its on the heavy side and the latches take a little work but that probably gets better as you use it. Overall, if you were ever looking for a Yeti to try, this is it at the right pricepoint.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:48 AM, Mikejonce said:

Speaking of coolers… Has anyone purchased the 55 quart Coho cooler from Costco? They have it on sale on their website for $139 but I believe you can get it in store for 119. I have been shopping coolers nonstop for the last few days and I’m starting to get paralysis by analysis. I just figured Costco is a safe bet and the cooler is Rotomolded sooooo…that’s good right? Trying to stay away from the $300+ coolers.

so have you bought it or not? I'm leaning about 85% toward buying it this weekend despite my desire for it to be bigger. Costco also has an igloo there but the quality difference is obvious

On 6/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, CentralTexBBQ said:

so have you bought it or not? I'm leaning about 85% toward buying it this weekend despite my desire for it to be bigger. Costco also has an igloo there but the quality difference is obvious

I bought it yes. Haven’t used it yet tho.

Currently talking myself out of a Moe Cason brisket knife or a set of Cangshan kitchen knives. But, when I'm ready I probably will get it. While I prefer one bigger, I can still get three 55qts for basically the price of a Yeti 45qt. so, ultimately that'll be the deciding factor.

• 1 month later...

Indeed.  I'd recommend it.  Used it a couple of times at this point.  That said, I'd recommend a cooler with wheels even more!  Just so much more versatile.  I'm keeping my Coho, but thinking about grabbing the Igloo trail mate to supplement for beach trips or larger parties.  Great reviews, larger storage (75 quarts), wheels, and retractable pull bar.  Checks all the boxes for me.  Now just gotta come up with the $275.

I have a Coho that I bought at Costco last year. It is a light, soft sided, "roadie like"  model. Works quite well. Easy to carry and fits well in my truck. No drain, but I use Yetti blue ice packs with it and it will keep drinks and such cold for fishing, picnics, and other day trips. This is what it looks like. I also have a Yeti Roadie, and a 45 gal. This is a lot easier to lift and carry when loaded. It is my go to for quick trips and smaller loads, actually don't use the Roadie as much as I used to. 

IMG_1827.thumb.jpeg.7bd512f653fc144b324e4d4ced457771.jpeg