Pre 4th of July cook

I've been on vacation this week so today I decided to do a couple slabs of ribs and a few beef short ribs.  The baby backs were pretty big so I cut the slab in half to see how they'd turn out.  The big meaty portion was a little dry but the rest of the rack was pretty tasty.  Anyway here's a few pictures of the finished product.  Not sure what the deal is with the pictures being sideways.

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

1 hour ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Nice looking cook...

I know inflation is here but the miser in me won't allow me to do so at that price

And I know, from personal experience, that when that "inner miser" gets really hungry for some good que, look out.  The hands shake but the wallet comes out, doesn't matter  I have a weakness for a oyster poboy, and that involves a plane ticket.  I have succumbed more than once.

Ribs are usually pretty reasonable around this time of year in Houston but I noticed the price this time was considerably higher than normal.

7 hours ago, daninpd said:

And I know, from personal experience, that when that "inner miser" gets really hungry for some good que, look out.  The hands shake but the wallet comes out, doesn't matter  I have a weakness for a oyster poboy, and that involves a plane ticket.  I have succumbed more than once.

Me thinks you underestimate me. The miser within me is strong it is...