Butt what will I do on the 4th?

Last time it turned out very well, I cooked it at a very low and slow temp, or well I thought so but turns out my thermometer was off so I cooked it at a higher temp than I thought. Found this out later when I did a brisket. So today I'm going to cook it at about 275 DT and see how it goes! 

IMG_5888.JPG

AS you learned the thermometer can be off and you can cook at various temps and still make good pulled pork. Good luck on your second butt and have a Happy independence day. As a side question is that steam coming off your hot tub or are you having a giant shrimp boil?

32 minutes ago, len440 said:

AS you learned the thermometer can be off and you can cook at various temps and still make good pulled pork. Good luck on your second butt and have a Happy independence day. As a side question is that steam coming off your hot tub or are you having a giant shrimp boil?

That would be steam, I wish it were a giant shrimp boil!! And just a short time after that pic we were in that hot tub enjoying the morning!

3 hours ago, len440 said:

I have fond memories of enjoying a hot tub while watching the new years come in and the snow falling on us. I should confess a few bottles of pinot noir was involved.

We pretty much live in our hot tub! and we do consume some adult beverages there sometimes.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:20 AM, A.O. said:

That would be steam, I wish it were a giant shrimp boil!! And just a short time after that pic we were in that hot tub enjoying the morning!

first of all congrats on the cook!!! Second i was hoping that steam was the result of an ice bath. It was very hot here today.

34 minutes ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

first of all congrats on the cook!!! Second i was hoping that steam was the result of an ice bath. It was very hot here today.

Thanks, pretty hot here as well. That's what the pool is for.

DJI_0055.JPG

22 hours ago, len440 said:

Second cook looks good keep it up Thanks for the pics

I think after all these many years of cooking on various grills, smokers and stuff I finally found the right one!!