Re-useable drip pan?

So what do you use for a drip pan? I'm tired of buying the foil ones all the time. I have a Kamado Joe... suggestions or ideas?

I purchased a deep dish pizza pan of appropriate size and lined it with foil. Toss the foil

after the cook and wash the pan - easy clean up.  I've had mine for several years and it

works great. You could also just skip the foil and simply wash the pan.

I have both a 15” standard and deep dish 1” pizza pan for my Kamado Joe classic.

They both work great catching the drippings.  I typically use the 1” pan when smoking briskets.

53 minutes ago, dman said:

I don’t use a drip pan unless I’m trying to capture juice.  I just flip the deflectors every other cook to burn off the grease. 

That's not really an option when cooking brisket or multiple briskets. With my cooks this past weekend, even the chicken warranted a drip pan. I decided to forego and paid the price fighting grease fires.

1 hour ago, byee said:

I have both a 15” standard and deep dish 1” pizza pan for my Kamado Joe classic.

They both work great catching the drippings.  I typically use the 1” pan when smoking briskets.

yeah, much easier to find something for the 18" grills. and a 1" isn't deeper enought for my larger cooks. Rather, even if it were able to hold all of the fat, I'd need the steadiness of a brain surgeon to dispose of it without spills.

I use the standard "restaurant" sized pans for chafing dishes...to avoid painful clean up, I usually just top with some tin foil and good to go for most cooks.  Stainless which will outlast me.

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Tiger-Chef-2-5-inch-Stainless-Restaurant/dp/B07MBHMZSR/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=restaurant+pan&qid=1625883485&sr=8-12

Since we often have larger groups over, we also use them to serve too....set up a steam pan underneath to keep things hot.

10 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

That's not really an option when cooking brisket or multiple briskets. With my cooks this past weekend, even the chicken warranted a drip pan. I decided to forego and paid the price fighting grease fires.

yeah, much easier to find something for the 18" grills. and a 1" isn't deeper enought for my larger cooks. Rather, even if it were able to hold all of the fat, I'd need the steadiness of a brain surgeon to dispose of it without spills.

And where the heck do you dispose of it?

3 hours ago, A.O. said:

I like it, but man they are proud of it!

yeah they are a bit pricey lol. but i think they are well made and worth it.
you can definitely find cheaper ones, but they might not last as long.

my favorite sayings when it comes to tools and such

"buy nice or buy twice" or "buy once cry once"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a Vision grill and the sides of the smokeware seem too high. The lip comes in contact with my grill plate.  Isn't this going to interrupt air flow?  Anyone had experience with the pan from Ceramic Grill Store?