KJ Jr. Burgers

My wife and I were craving burgers, so of course I decided was going to throw some on for last night's dinner. Then I remembered I had some hot dog buns I needed to use, so I put out some 'dogs. Which, in turn, made me start thinking about making some hot dog chili. And my favorite thing with chili is slaw. And then, what's a burger and dog dinner without fries? Before you know it, I spent nearly the whole afternoon in the kitchen. (Not a complaint; just a statement of fact.)

Completely forgot to photograph the chili.

The "fries," coated in evoo, kosher salt, and rosemary. Roasted in the Jr. for about 45 minutes at 400F. Forgot to get a pic of them on the fire.

fries.thumb.jpeg.b441a6f570210c93a7f344ad59a8da01.jpeg 

Slaw made and meats prepped.

prepped.thumb.jpeg.bbf4c0d875a8ff7fed7297ab093d966e.jpeg

Coming off the grill

ready.thumb.jpeg.6401f2274c7a60288fbf5c3fcde8a7ef.jpeg

One big messy plate of tastiness.

messy.thumb.jpeg.db1760a6b85d2593a233af9cf19d1474.jpeg

7 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Come on bruh!!! No ketchup on my fries please!!! :afro:

Everything looks great. Toasted buns is always the way to go. Chili and slaw? Hmmmm

I’m about 50/50 regarding ketchup on my fries. And on my burgers, for that matter. 

Mustard, chili, slaw & onion is what we call a “Carolina burger” where I grew up (in North Carolina). Regionally, mustard is sometimes omitted, or is used in place of slaw rather than in addition to it. Personally, I am not an onion fan, so my Carolina burger doesn’t included them. Plus I live in Jersey now, so I make my own rules. :P

18 hours ago, JohnnyAppetizer said:

Sounds like a Cook Out burger. A local bbq joint had a hot dog called a Carolina with the same stuff.

Yeah, same for hot dogs.

Talk to me about those fries, baked fry shaped potatoes ...well not fried fries or something like that, anyway, they look great and I want to try them, YES with catchup, can you give some more details please?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 4:08 PM, A.O. said:

Talk to me about those fries, baked fry shaped potatoes ...well not fried fries or something like that, anyway, they look great and I want to try them, YES with catchup, can you give some more details please?

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this.

I cut up potatoes into french fry shape, stir them in a big stainless steel bowl with oil, kosher salt, and a bit of black pepper (and any other spice you might want on your "fries"). Put them in a baking dish big enough that they aren't touching, or at least they touch as little as possible, and roast them at 400-425F for around 40 or 45 minutes.

Long and short of it is, they're just roasted potatoes cut into french fry shape.

On 7/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, Brick Pig said:

My wife and I were craving burgers, so of course I decided was going to throw some on for last night's dinner. Then I remembered I had some hot dog buns I needed to use, so I put out some 'dogs. Which, in turn, made me start thinking about making some hot dog chili. And my favorite thing with chili is slaw. And then, what's a burger and dog dinner without fries? Before you know it, I spent nearly the whole afternoon in the kitchen. (Not a complaint; just a statement of fact.)

Completely forgot to photograph the chili.

The "fries," coated in evoo, kosher salt, and rosemary. Roasted in the Jr. for about 45 minutes at 400F. Forgot to get a pic of them on the fire.

fries.thumb.jpeg.b441a6f570210c93a7f344ad59a8da01.jpeg 

Slaw made and meats prepped.

prepped.thumb.jpeg.bbf4c0d875a8ff7fed7297ab093d966e.jpeg

Coming off the grill

ready.thumb.jpeg.6401f2274c7a60288fbf5c3fcde8a7ef.jpeg

One big messy plate of tastiness.

messy.thumb.jpeg.db1760a6b85d2593a233af9cf19d1474.jpeg

Nice...a slaw dog!  Originally from WV, that's how I love eating hotdogs.  Slaw, sauce and mustard!!