Cooking ahead for camping trip

Going on a camping trip next weekend and my family has Sunday cooking duties.  I plan to grill some steaks there on my sister's Blackstone.  There will be a large group so I am thinking also smoking two pork shoulders ahead of time and reheat them in my sister's RV.  What can be done for best result?

- Cook during the week.

- Shred, wait for them to cool then vacuum seal them.

- Freeze

- At camp site, reheat them in hot water.

Is that a good enough approach to get decent results?  Should add something into the bag to prevent them from getting dry?

I have shredded and vacuumed sealed with a bit of mop sauce (I'm in NC, so vinegar based) and it turns out well.  What I do now, is break the butt into halves or thirds while it's hot (then you get to snitch some bark), and vacuum seal the larger portions.  It seem to retain more moisture and smoke when I do it this, then just shred after it's reheated.

I wrap mine and finish in the oven with a cup or two of broth or stock. When done I save the oink juice and use it when i reheat the pulled pork. At church we use electric roasters and crock pots to keep warm and add the juice. 

Bailey-

I have done exactly as you describe with great success, except I don't freeze.  As long as you keep the bags in the cooler, they should be good at least a week.  Just like GrillnBrew, I seal with some vinegar based sauce.

I have also done the same with ribs.  The trick with the ribs is keeping the sharp edges of the bones from piercing the bag.

Thank you all for the tips.  Clark, when I wrap with foil at the stall I put 1/4 cup of apple juice/apple cider vinegar in the bottom of the wrap.  Do you think that and the juice from the butt is sufficient to be added into the vacuum bag to retain moisture.

Good call on the non-freezing step.  I plan to cook them on Thursday.  have some for dinner and save the rest for camping.  There are fridge in our cabin as well as my sister's RV.  At worst I can buy more ice for the cooler.

Now that I think of it, I suppose you really don't need to add anything to the vacuum seal bags for moisture.  If the vacuum seal is good, there is no way for the pork to dry out, certainly over the short term.  I started adding the sauce to bags before I had a vacuum sealer, when I was saving pulled pork for months in the freezer in ziploc bags.  In that case, the sauce helps prevent freezer burn.

Don't forget to bring the sauce camping!