The random spirits thread...

John Setzler

Spent last evening having dinner on my daughter’s front porch, celebrating our 38th anniversary with some nice food, good wine, Guinness (of course!) and a finisher of Collingwood Whisky.

899045BE-96C3-4D6A-B964-4791E6AC7656.jpeg

When I want to end a great meal and relax in a comfortable chair this is what I turn to. A word of warning this will give a sweetness over load for a while 

20210727_092423.thumb.jpg.661c546cd28c4de6aaed068a80c84c97.jpg

This is one of the best rye whiskeys that I have found. My local liquor store has a frequent customer promotion where you get points based on what you spend -- 1 point per dollar. These points are used to purchase rare/hard to find whiskeys. This had been in the program earlier in the year, but last week when I was in the store it was on the floor for purchase without using any points to purchase it. I have noticed that bottles from different cases have different proofs.

IMG_20210724_152643177.thumb.jpg.326d7b10ab8d234ac3718aa83e392c95.jpg

On 7/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, John Setzler said:

@Golf Griller I am about ready to try a straight rye whiskey.  I think I might pick up a small bottle of one next time I am out.

If you can find this one, you might like it, but with the proof, it might need a splash of water, or a few small ice cubes. Basil Hayden's dark rye is another good rye.

IMG_20210729_114849939.thumb.jpg.26e8ce57db18cfd0bd7abb2cd9337071.jpg

Edited by Golf Griller
Change name of rye

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing says summer like a good margarita. Made with fresh squeezed lime juice, El Mayor Blanco tequila, Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur, agave syrup and a splash of OJ. Not as high brow as a good bourbon or rye, but refreshing on a hot day! I’ll get to the bourbon and rye once the weather cools off a bit.

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Golf Griller said:

@John Setzler I don't know if you saw this or not, or if you can even get some where you live.

https://www.maxim.com/food-drink/jack-daniels-launches-10-year-old

I will look for it but I don't expect that I'll be able to find any of that around here.  I need to go back to the ABC store soon because I want to look for some of this... it's an intriguing story: