Help! Have I burnt my ribs?

I smoked some beef ribs for the first time. The whole process seemed to go like clockwork. I set it up for an 8 hour cook with pecan chunks. I dialed the temperature at 225 degrees. I sprayed the bark with a mix of apple juice and apple cider vinegar. As I neared the end, I took them out at the 7 hour mark with the thermometer between 195 and 205 at 3 places in the meat. The cook seemed perfect except for the bark. It was black as if it was burnt. The meat itself was perfect, succulent with a good bite and had a great smoke ring.  But the bark was black. It didn't really taste burnt.  The bark was by no means dried out.

Any ideas? Is it possible that it was rub itself that burned but not the meat?

The picture is the last piece left over. MyPXL_20210725_034258501.thumb.jpg.07e4a278ac315f9169e1809d99add783.jpg family devoured the rest. I'd like to figure out what I may have done wrong, to not do it again.

Thanks for any advice.

So it's okay?  I haven't burnt them? What a relief. Everything tasted great.

When I've done pork ribs. The bark was a deep reddish brown.  I expected something similar with the beef ribs.

Thanks.