What is this cut and how have y'all cooked it?

Pork brisket, on the bone. 

Local pig purveyor here that finishes pigs with hazel nuts and sells boned pork briskets. They make fantastic pastrami. Fat melts in your mouth. Nothing like it. Well, except maybe the secreto, the wagyu of pork. 

21 hours ago, PinotChio said:

Pork brisket, on the bone. 

Local pig purveyor here that finishes pigs with hazel nuts and sells boned pork briskets. They make fantastic pastrami. Fat melts in your mouth. Nothing like it. Well, except maybe the secreto, the wagyu of pork. 

So how do you typically cook and serve it? 

23 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

I haven't but, I must admit having a man crush on anyone who walks into a meat section, grabs the first thing he sees, with no idea of what it is and says, "I can cook this darn thing!!!" :-D

I wish I was that guy! 

I didn't get one. 

I used to buy whole side ribs from the butcher and trim them out into St. Louis Style myself, they were ridiculously cheap amd I ended up with a lot of spare parts for other uses. Those whole ribs had a large thick section below the ribs (like the chest or brisket of the pig) I can only assume is what this part you have is based on the label description.  I cooked them just like ribs, (3-2-1-) and they had a lot of little cartilage pieces off the ends of the ribs. Tasted just like normal side ribs but kind of annoying to eat with all the little bits in there. My wife eventually said she had enough of that. 

2 hours ago, lnarngr said:

2 hours ago, lnarngr said:

Same as you would brine and smoke beef brisket. But pigstrami is way better. 

It is basically the end cut off the full rack of ribs to get a St. Louis style rack of ribs. I use to buy these & cut them up to make steam ribs in black bean & garlic sauce. The bone I would use for pork stock.

I am sure you can just put these on the smoker if you are into spare rib tips but I find the ends are a bit tougher than the meat between the bones.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:16 PM, KamadoChris said:

Tasted just like normal side ribs but kind of annoying to eat with all the little bits in there.

Yah, I am out. Mommy would have none of that!