Scratch 1 From the Bucket List

Jack.

Very nice knife. Zwilling makes quality knives and that one should last you a lifetime. Here is a link

I found regarding the sharpening angle...

https://www.zwilling.com/us/about-us/use-care/article-use-care-knife-sharpening.html

Looks to be in the 9 to 12 degree range. You might be able to see if you have a double

bevel on the blade by looking at it with a magnifying glass.

Many thanks @K_sqrd.  I can set 9-10 degrees on the Wicked Edge pretty easily using a digital angle measuring tool.  I'll get out the magnifying glass and see if I can determine a double bevel.

10 hours ago, mike echo said:

Does food taste better if prepped with an expensive knife?

5 hours ago, Jack. said:

I don't know if the food tastes better, but for me the pleasure of preparing the food is enhanced by working with a tool the quality and beauty of which I appreciate.

I guess the same could be same for the kamados we all own. Certainly high quality food can be produced on $59 grill from Lowes. But a quality grill certainly enhances the experience for me. And we can all appreciate how important our varied hobbies are– whether season tickets, cuban cigars, collecting fine wines, expensive scotches, cars, etc. Some of us like knives, oh and pens, of course. Fine pens are a must! :-D

1 hour ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

I guess the same could be same for the kamados we all own. Certainly high quality food can be produced on $59 grill from Lowes. But a quality grill certainly enhances the experience for me. And we can all appreciate how important our varied hobbies are– whether season tickets, cuban cigars, collecting fine wines, expensive scotches, cars, etc. Some of us like knives, oh and pens, of course. Fine pens are a must! :-D

Well said, @CentralTexBBQ

p.s. I still have the Parker 51 fountain pen my mother gave me when I graduated from high school in 1966.