Argentinian entrana - aka skirt

Nnank76

Hi all,

The other day when I was at my favourite place on earth - the butcher, I picked up an Argentinian Entrana steak. I wasnt sure what it was but figured it seemed like a flank or skirt steak. So I thought Id give it a go.

Got home, did my research and its basically skirt steak. Which is one of my favs so totally happy.

Marinated in a chimichurri marinade. Then grilled at a high temp, flipping every 30 seconds or so till it was internal temp of 55c.  

Served up with a bit of grilled corn, a tomato salad and sweet potato chips.

20210821_173025.jpg

20210821_174111.jpg

20210821_174659.jpg

20210821_175636.jpg

Skirt steak is one of my absolute favourites. The taste is sublime and it's very cost effective. Either hot and fast or sometimes sous vide and then flash charred on the K.

I also use it 50/50 with beef short rib ground up for burgers. 1 pass through a 1/4" plate.

And oh yes, grilled skirt steak with chimichurri. Here is the best chimichurri recipe I have found so far:

https://cafedelites.com/authentic-chimichurri-uruguay-argentina/

On 8/29/2021 at 7:17 AM, adm said:

Skirt steak is one of my absolute favourites. The taste is sublime and it's very cost effective. Either hot and fast or sometimes sous vide and then flash charred on the K.

I also use it 50/50 with beef short rib ground up for burgers. 1 pass through a 1/4" plate.

And oh yes, grilled skirt steak with chimichurri. Here is the best chimichurri recipe I have found so far:

https://cafedelites.com/authentic-chimichurri-uruguay-argentina/

Thats the same recipe I use for chomichurri! Agree its the best Ive found. Ive tried a bunch over the years but I find I just keep coming back to this one.