Newbie Here.... Thanks for the add

WayneS

Hello just found this forum and I actually pick up my Akorn this afternoon. I plan to use it starting as I already have my chicken in some brine, fresh veggies, corn, chicken links, and a few other things that I plan to test the grill out with so this forum will be very helpful. I got the Akorn grill for a mere $60 with two bags of lump charcoal, grilling accessories, grill cover and it's been lightly used not to mention only about a year old.  Anyway I look forward from learning from this group...

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 7:41 AM, TKOBBQ said:

Welcome to the Guru.  Sounds like you've got a tasty first meal planned, hope it all comes out as planned. 

It turned out outstanding for my 1st cook.... Very stable temp only issue was getting the charcoal lit but a day or so later I bought a chimney starter!!!

On 9/10/2021 at 7:57 AM, WayneS said:

It turned out outstanding for my 1st cook.... Very stable temp only issue was getting the charcoal lit but a day or so later I bought a chimney starter!!!

if you are grilling, the chimney is great.  For low and slow, not so much.  You want a fire starter product such as the Xtraflame blocks.  They are all natural, food grade and made of wax and sawdust.  They will give you a small controlled flame that allows you to have ramped temperature to your low temp cooking level. They are just one of many similar product people on the site use.

1607C012-1CF4-4C37-85A7-1456227FF182.webp