Pre-Labor Day Planning

The prices of most of the things I like to cook have risen beyond my buying comfort zone. Strangely however, beef ribs still seem the be in the same ballpark as ever and sausage. I making a quick decision between these three places so I can have some 'authentic' Texas sausage delivered in time.

1. https://kreuzmarket.com

2. https://www.southsidemarket.com

3.https://www.vandvsausage.com/products-1.html

Anyway, what are you guys planning to cook?

Thanks daninpd. Crested last night at 16 feet. Every little bit helps! Katrina put water upstairs and Hurricane Georges in ‘98 got within a foot of going in the upstairs so we’re fortunate. 

dman my heart goes out to you and your family and friends. I experienced this several years ago ( the clean up part) when my sons house Pa. had 3 feet of water in the first floor. Besides the over whelming types of aromas  the mess was unbelievable. Good luck in the clean up hope the damage is not too severe. Has the water receded yet?  

1 hour ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

I'm wondering whether I should hit  @len440 up with a, "we're drifting away from the topic of the thread" post. Nah, I'll let 'er ride..

I've been known to drift away ( was that a pun?) Back to topic Texas BBQ was where the phrase OMG was invented to describe Texas BBQ TexBBQ has some hard choices to make all look good , but I  have to go with Kreuz i ate there once a while ago and the brisket and sausage are out of this world.

12 hours ago, len440 said:

dman my heart goes out to you and your family and friends. I experienced this several years ago ( the clean up part) when my sons house Pa. had 3 feet of water in the first floor. Besides the over whelming types of aromas  the mess was unbelievable. Good luck in the clean up hope the damage is not too severe. Has the water receded yet?  

Yes it’s back down. Now just clean up and moving sand around. Got friends coming to help so I’m planning to grill some pork loins and maybe a butt for lunch during clean up. And of course a couple of ice chests of adult beverages!

Now back on topic!

7 hours ago, len440 said:

I've been known to drift away ( was that a pun?) Back to topic Texas BBQ was where the phrase OMG was invented to describe Texas BBQ TexBBQ has some hard choices to make all look good , but I  have to go with Kreuz i ate there once a while ago and the brisket and sausage are out of this world.

So for the record (and everyone else's benefit), I was teasing because you posted that comment about me more than a few times. Anyway, I've actually never eaten at Kreutz. When I was in the area I had a mental block and ate at Black's instead. However, the beef ribs I had at Black's more than rivaled everywhere else we ate during our Texas BBQ tour. Unfortunately, I saw that the Kreutz sausages are precooked and I want only my smoke on them. Then, work demands pushed me past the cutoff for ordering so, I'm scrambling to find something else to cook

I know you were teasing, I enjoyed the pun, as a up date my son in pa had 2 feet of water in his front yard this morning but not in his house thankfully. Kruetz ot Blacks tough choice to make. Good luck with the clean up Dman .