New Food Truck in Town

keeperovdeflame

Saw this new food truck using a XL BGE on my way to the barber yesterday. Pretty cool, I saw it about 9 in the morning, and it smelled like they were cooking pork butts for the lunch rush, smelled amazing. I am going to have to check it out.

IMG_1862.thumb.jpeg.f0e352d73d45addd37e3f23afb07181a.jpeg

IMG_1863.thumb.jpeg.78f3b0e2131909fc1db25c13592f7f57.jpeg

13 minutes ago, keeperovdeflame said:

I haven’t had a chance to taste their food, but the pictures look great . The truck has a Mexican theme, so I am thinking tacos, Mexican corn, and other delights.

Got a food truck near me that uses twin huge green eggs.  Fred’s Franks.   Dude has simple food done right. I admire that guy.

In contrast to this, we are traveling right now and the smell of the brisket pulled us off the street yesterday into a little bistro.  The meat had been smoked in a vertical cabinet smoker the guy had built himself from some old military locker.  I then noticed, not one, but three BGE’s sitting virtually abandoned at the back corner of the patio work area.  The response from our server? “Oh we never use those anymore…

sorry I didn’t think to get a better photo.

2CA3991B-C6A7-4268-8D93-AE3D454F6049.jpeg

I can see there point. The  Kamados are a great over all cooking device, there a oven, grill and smoker are they the best for all three? Sadly no, if your just going too smoke meat then a smoker is the way to go, this is why the restaurant quit using the eggs. We can turn out some pretty good smoked meats but if I had to do it for a restaurant I would use some kind o stick smoker. But for my family and friends the Kamado Joe makes some great q and I have no complaints. I too have been lured and followed the smell of brisket and ribs to small hole in the wall joints that made great brisket and ribs. Jeffie looks like those eggs have seen some serous use, if only they could talk

• 3 weeks later...

Was ordering food from another restaurant when I came across this guy today. He burns full 24" oak, hickory and cherry splits in this kamado so, he's not necessarily doing low and slows in it. He has a second electric smoker for fish burning apple wood.

going back to check him out soon

Edited by CentralTexBBQ