Kamado Grill High Temperature Burn Off for Cleaning

So, the first burn off didn't accomplish much. The gunk on ALL the surfaces is measurable, literally was scraping off chunks. I got frustrated and piled the basket high with charcoal this morning and let her rip. White smoke billowing red hot coals, I didn't check the heat because I knew it would stress me out. Hours later and the dome is actually clean! The bottom that was behind the box and ring is still black but there is no more thick stuck on mess.

I am seasoning the grate. I had no choice but to clean it to scratch. The spaces in between the ribs were barely open because they were filled in with who knows how many dinners. Yuck!

Thank you all for the help with this.

What would I use on a hairline crack to keep it from growing?

20211014_165512.jpg

20211014_165756.jpg

Several members have repaired cracks, firebox and body, with furnace cement, JBWeld, and a few other products I can't remember.  I recall the most successful repairs to the body involved removing some material on either side of the crack with a dremel-type tool, thus creating a sort of v-shape with the crack in the middle of the "V" and then filling in to full depth.

If the crack goes all the way through to the outside of the body, I guess making the "V" on both sides, filling in on both sides, and then cosmetically touching up the outside would be required.

I'm sure there are others here who know a lot more about this than I do.  I suggest you keep searching repairs and see what others have done.