Burnt Orange Chicken Thighs

jark87

Well, what I thought was going to be a celebratory meal turned into wake after OU scored on 33-yard TD run with :03 remaining. The chicken thighs still turned out great - I think my best to date. I dry brined them for a couple of hours, and seasoned them liberally with Lane’s Scorpion seasoning. At the last minute, I hit them with a light dusting of Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub. Cooked them at 350° using the SloRoller and a very small piece of apple wood. Coated them with Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet Vidalia Onion sauce for the last 10 minutes. Internal temp hit 180°, which was higher than I was targeting, but they were still incredibly tender and juicy. A few Revolver Blood and Honey’s helped ease the pain of the loss….

image.thumb.jpeg.f6ff2d520ebaedbfead49faa6e785ab7.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, A.O. said:

BOOMER SOONER

Sorry

No apologies necessary! It was a great game, even though the outcome wasn’t the one I was hoping for. Regardless of records or rankings, that game almost always produce a classic.

Yes those games are certainly great ones, I've only ever been to one in person, and unfortunately Texas won that one!

My daughter went to OU so I have lots of money invested in the place... but then... she married a UT alum so those games will always be watched intently by my family!