Temperature controllers for Kamado Joe 2

Selli

Considering one of the temperature controllers for my kamado Joe 2. Any opinions on which ones are the best. Have read about flame boss 400 and 500 and the ikamondo and a few others. Flame boss 500 is expensive and is it clearly better than 400. Any opinions would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, John Setzler said:

I have the iKamand, Flame Boss 200, Flame Boss 400, Flame Boss 500, and the Fireboard.  The Fireboard is my overall favorite.

I have the Flame Boss 300 and it keeps the temps perfect and the graphs are great also.  I see you have the Flame boss models also along with the Fireboard.  What makes the Fireboard better?  

1 minute ago, just4fn said:

I have the Flame Boss 300 and it keeps the temps perfect and the graphs are great also.  I see you have the Flame boss models also along with the Fireboard.  What makes the Fireboard better?  

I like the software and the control it offers.  I also like the Fireboard 2 PRO with the k-couple probes for the added durability and wider temperature range capabilities.  The fireboard software allows me to control my fan in terms of maximum output which is really nice on a kamado grill.  I don't need 20 or 40cfm of air volume to run a kamado.  The flame boss does, however, have an advantage.  It can and will run independently of any network connection of smart device connectivity.  Or at least the 300 and the 500 can do that... the 400 can not.

The k-couple probes are an advantage.  I think the fan on the 300 adjusts speed automatically if I'm not mistaken so I put my faith in the automation of the 300.  The goal is temperature control that's consistant and I get that with the 300 but the probes can burn if I'm not careful