KJ2 vs KJ3

GS1397

Hey Guys,

I have  a Sam's Club edition of the Vision Diamond Cut Classic B that is going to go to my son here in the next few months. I have narrowed down my shopping to a Primo oval and a KJ. I am partial to the KJ because of all the accessories and innovation they've shown over the last few years. I like the extra space of the Primo, but one thing I was wondering that I can't seem to put my finger on is what's the difference between the KJ Classic 2 and Classic 3? Thanks!! GS

From the KamadoJoe Site...talks about 1, 2, and 3.

The Kamado Joe Classic Joe II is our most popular ceramic charcoal grill, perfect for typical backyard grilling and smoking and any new ceramic griller. This ceramic bbq grill set a new high standard for craftsmanship with built-in features for hassle-free cooking and an adjustable 18 inch cooking surface with the 2-tier Divide & Conquer® Flexible Cooking System. Innovation comes standard with each kamado ceramic grill from Kamado Joe.

Trying to decide between a Kamado Joe Classic Joe I vs. Classic Joe II? You can expect both to offer a Kamado Joe Classic Joe 18 inch cooking surface. But there are a few features that make the Classic Joe II the most popular. The mold and water resistant Kontrol Tower Top Vent maintains precise airflow for consistent temperatures. The patented Air Lift Hinge makes opening and closing your grill a breeze and reduces dome weight by 96%. To make sure you achieve the perfect cook every time, the wire mesh gasket seal is made with fiberglass for a superior air-tight seal.

The Kamado Joe® Classic Joe III is our most advanced ceramic charcoal grill yet. It includes the revolutionary SlōRoller Hyperbolic Smoke Chamber insert, which harnesses the power of cyclonic airflow technology to control heat and smoke while delivering the great taste and texture that only a ceramic bbq grill can provide. The 3-Tier Divide and Conquer® Cooking System doubles cooking space and allows you to cook foods at different temperatures. You won't find a better, more versatile kamado ceramic grill.

18 hours ago, GS1397 said:

Hey Guys,

I have  a Sam's Club edition of the Vision Diamond Cut Classic B that is going to go to my son here in the next few months. I have narrowed down my shopping to a Primo oval and a KJ. I am partial to the KJ because of all the accessories and innovation they've shown over the last few years. I like the extra space of the Primo, but one thing I was wondering that I can't seem to put my finger on is what's the difference between the KJ Classic 2 and Classic 3? Thanks!! GS

The series 3" is 4" taller which gives space for the new SloRoller (included) and 3 tier divide and conquer rack.  So you get two indirect options, a new cart with storage under and metal side shelves that don't melt with hot stuff on them.