20211029_141915.jpg

20211029_142221.jpg

20211029_142857.jpg

20211029_143501.jpg

20211103_105442.jpg

20211103_111612.jpg

20211103_130315.jpg

20211103_132154.jpg

39-day dry aged choice angus beef.... 4.8lb cut from the center of the roast...  dry brined in the fridge overnight with Atlanta Grill Company's Man Cave Meals AP Mojo...  525 degrees for 15 minutes... another 1:45 or so at 250 degrees to finish it off... let it rest for 15 minutes.....

This was the best tasting prime rib I think I have ever had.  I think I can improve this process a little by tweaking my 'dry brine' process just a little.  They dry aged beef doesn't dry brine as well because of the reduced moisture content.  Next time, if there is a next time, I am going to rub the outside of the beef with Worcestershire sauce and salt and then vacuum seal it for a semi wet brine overnight before the cook.  

Anyway... that's all I have for today :) 

Added Video:

I actually have 3 Umai bags but not any vacmouse strips.  Do I need to use a vacmouse strip?  I don't really understand what that does or how to use it.  If I need it, let me know and I will order some. 

14 hours ago, just4fn said:

I actually have 3 Umai bags but not any vacmouse strips.  Do I need to use a vacmouse strip?  I don't really understand what that does or how to use it.  If I need it, let me know and I will order some. 

I dont think you will be able to suck the air out of the Umai bags without one but you can try it

4 hours ago, John Setzler said:

I dont think you will be able to suck the air out of the Umai bags without one but you can try it

I just watched the prep video and it answered all of my questions. Thanks for the video!  Was it time consuming cutting the crust off of the 4 inch roast or does it slice right off?  I would think cutting the crust off of a large roast might take a while and does it have to be perfect?