Well rats!!

A.O.

1 hour ago, len440 said:

Mines been loose from day one and no problems with it. If you don't keep it super clean the top won't pivot open like the daisy wheel on the  cast one does but I just pull the top off and use it that way. But my gasket is thicker than the one in the picture.

This one is so loose if I open the lid I am sure it would just fall off!

6 hours ago, len440 said:

Mines been loose from day one and no problems with it. If you don't keep it super clean the top won't pivot open like the daisy wheel on the  cast one does but I just pull the top off and use it that way. But my gasket is thicker than the one in the picture.

I think you are talking about the pivot point being loose and AO is talking about the fit to the gasket not being snug enough to prevent the k t from flying off when open all the way.

2 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

There's a bit of variance in the dimensions of Joes from one model to another 

Whenever i see a 3rd party product that says "fits all Kamado Joes" its safer to assume they mean it wont be too small 

Yes, but this is not a 3rd party product, it is a Kamado Joe part and they should know fitment of their products/parts. I hope to hear from them this week on this...

3 minutes ago, TKOBBQ said:

Sorry I just don't see it as that big of a deal.  Just add a thicker or another layer of felt gasket material to make it snug.  Then just grill on. 

My only point is I shouldn't have to, but I may. Really want to see what KJ says about it.

If it makes you feel any better, my Series 2 Big Joe came from the factory with the Kontrol Tower loose AF

The first release of the Series 2 came with a felt gasket on the top and was later switched to a Woven Style Gasket, which seems to make them fit better

Its never bothered me much as i just remove the slider rather than swivel it if i'm going for high temps 

A bit disappointed with Kamado Joe at this point!! Sent an inquiry they said they would respond in 2-5 days, its been seven and no word! They either just dont care or thier customer service is lacking! 

Even more disappointed now!!  Called their customer support number and all I get is a recording pointing out the fact  that they no longer answer their customer support phone, everything must go through their "online site" to which they obviously do not answer either!! 

Was thinking about ordering the gasket they now have listed for the chimney which looks different than the one on my classic, looks like the mesh one now. They list the Model numbers of stoves that it will fit, but I can find no model number on my cooker and it states the model number is in the manual that came with my cooker.. but I can find no reference to it ANYWHERE in my manual... and I really do not want to order another Kamado Joe part that will not fit my cooker!!! And you cannot even call to ask someone!!!

Becoming disillusioned with Kamado Joe ... maybe I should have sprung for a BGE!

My brief experiences with them have been great. Both were this year, with the last one just a few weeks ago. I had a warranty claim that I submitted online and had a new part in a few days. The other was a question that I asked via the online form and I had an answer the next day. Granted, I didn’t have the need to actually speak with anyone. 

24 minutes ago, jark87 said:

My brief experiences with them have been great. Both were this year, with the last one just a few weeks ago. I had a warranty claim that I submitted online and had a new part in a few days. The other was a question that I asked via the online form and I had an answer the next day. Granted, I didn’t have the need to actually speak with anyone. 

I did the online thing, no response at all!!

24 minutes ago, jark87 said:

My brief experiences with them have been great. Both were this year, with the last one just a few weeks ago. I had a warranty claim that I submitted online and had a new part in a few days.

My experience as well.  Delivery guys from the big box hardware store created some issues, KJ replaced the parts without any issue.  Sent them pictures, they sent me replacement parts.