Hi from Thailand

oceanbreeze851

Hello to all,

I just came across this forum. I am transplanted from Austin, Texas, USA to Thailand. I live in Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat). When I was in the USA, I grilled mostly with a weber grill but never did any smoking until I won a small Green Egg in a sweepstakes. When My wife and I moved to Thailand, I wanted to continue grilling and smoking. I purchased a Kamado Joe Classic Joe I at the base exchange Fort Hood and shipped it to Thailand. I wish I had bought the necessary accessories but I will slowly find them in Thailand. The other problem here in Thailand is the lack of quality beef. Plenty of pork, chicken or seafood but very tough, stringy beef. Happy Gilling and Smoking!

passport1 5.jpg

Thank you JeffieBoy for the suggestion. The problem with the beef in Thailand is they only have Brahma cows. There is imported beef from Australia. Everything is frozen, at about 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick, at a cost of $30 a pound. I will stick to chicken, pork and seafood for now.