Yet another episode of living in the mountains.

keeperovdeflame

This big boy showed up outside my great room window, while I was in my chair watching the Army Navy game ("Beat Army"). In the West we call him an 11 point buck. 5 on one side, 4 on the other, and two eye guards. He had about 10 girlfriends with him.

IMG_1938.thumb.jpeg.53d6ceb35c39e1eff08358063f30c10b.jpeg]IMG_1940.thumb.jpeg.f359dcc300e481ba54404b5533bbe5cc.jpeg]IMG_1942.thumb.jpeg.a62c0afd12c9189a096520a5fc8f621a.jpeg]

IMG_1941.thumb.jpeg.88a27a939e64b71f11358a5168138282.jpeg

2 hours ago, MikeRobinson said:

We've had a family of white-tail deer who live above our upper pasture for years now.  Every few years one of our neighbors obtains our permission to bow-hunt a few of them to keep the numbers down.  He pays in leather gloves.

Sounds, like a good trade. Most hunters are pretty responsible and take mostly  older deer who have already contributed to the well being of the group. We are located less than a 1/4 mile from the national forest so the deer come into our hood to avoid hunting pressure. Lots of neighbors feed them and treat them more like pets than wild animals. Not thinking that predators will follow the deer.  Actually had a mountain attack an older doe last week and leave what they did not eat on a neighbors drive way. 

5 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

had a mountain attack an older doe last week and leave what they did not eat on a neighbors drive way. 

Thank goodness for all those deer, then. Better eating an old deer than an old dear.