Fireboard Blower

Gebo

I must admit I like the looks and the feel of the FB 2 Pro and the Blower.  I have a BJ II.  I set max fan speed at 30% since it is the bigger Joe.

One thing I am disappointed in is  how the blower fits.  If you have OCD, you may end up with a migraine or wake up 3 times the night after you try

to fit it in the hole.  It is sloppier than me eating an hour old Hot Dog with extra mustard and slaw.  The Gap at top loose as a goose.  I know I am a picky

old man but for spending almost $400, I'm thinking someone at FB could do a little better for our KJ's.

It's just  stamped piece of metal that needs to be about 1/8 inch larger.  I can do a little bending but I ain't much on creating more metal.

If any of you have any suggestions that I like, I may have gift card looming in the shadows.

I can OCD with the best of them. Other than the fact that the surface of the Joe is curved and the stamped piece of metal is flat, making for a tight fight getting the vent door closed around it, I have no problems with mine.

I originally let my fan go 100% if the FB deems necessary, but recently set it to 50% max.

10 minutes ago, PHEAD said:

yeah i just bent mine a bit to make it fit better. between the tight fit and sliding the vent door behind it, its pretty sung and holds in place well.

Does yours have a cap at the top?

26 minutes ago, Gebo said:

Does yours have a cap at the top?

mine has gaps on the sides, where the kamado curves. i was debating getting some of the gasket from the vent top and adding it to the bracket, and then shave it down to fit in the gaps.

not sure where i read about doing that, but im pretty sure it was a thread on this site some where.

8 hours ago, deity6667 said:

This is what mine looks like - BJII 

That's also what mine looks like. @Gebo do you have yours rotated 90 degrees? There's no air gap around mine.

I also close the damper slider on mine about halfway during a low & slow cook. I get the temp stable with it set that way before I enable the fan.