Other Kamado Forums

Gebo

This ain’t gonna be what you think it is.  It’s Thursday morning and I just wanna give a shout out to the men who oversee this forum. 

I thought I would venture to a BGE forum just for a little more learning.  I am a Preacher but not a prude. I like to have fun and will have some cough medicine when I ain’t coughing. Maybe some ale for my ailments. I watched Yellowstone.  In other words, I am familiar with most human natures from the good to the bad. 

Well, let me tell you, it didn’t take me but a few days to delete myself from that BGE forum.   I have never witnessed the degree of vulgarity exhibited there. It turned my stomach. I even had a member here from this forum PM me warning me of the wickedness of some of the posters. 

Wow, was he right!

So, what’s your point?  We have great overseers on this forum.  I want to thank them for their hard work in managing discussions and keeping things civil. This is a great forum a 15 yr old could come learn from.  This is a forum I can recommend to others.  Thanks, John and the others. 

Wel, I guess I said enough.  

Many thanks, Gebo.  John and the rest of us try hard to keep this a family-friendly forum, and one committed to civility and sharing of information in a positive manner.  We don't catch every vulgarity, double-entendre, or personal attack, and we're not always the most popular,  but we we are steadfast in our commitment to maintaining this as the best resource for outdoor cooking information and advice.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

2 hours ago, Gebo said:

Well, let me tell you, it didn’t take me but a few days to delete myself from that BGE forum.  

I'll second that.  Lots of "social media" just ain't all that sociable. Thanks to the mods of this site for keeping it congenial and useful.

I have WAY too many hobbies, and I almost always seek out a well moderated forum of like minded people to obtain information. It beats the heck out of some of the nonsense that goes on all around the internet, specifically the major social networking platform, on which I do not participate.

A forum is a great source of information that is searchable, moderated, and not an endless firehose of mouth diarrhea from people hiding behind their keyboards.

So yes, thank you to everyone that makes this forum a great place to be.

I never touched that BGE forum mostly because the UX was trash (I'm a software engineer so I'm sensitive to that stuff), so I'm glad to hear I made the right choice coming here.

I checked out the  Kamado Joe FB page once.  That was enough for me.  Way too much testosterone floating around and moderators just turn a blind eye. I'm not a priest or a preacher and I worked for a major national RR, grew up next to a naval base and knew plenty of sailors, hence, I know how to string some words together like a champion but, some things just don't belong on a public forum.  So, yes thank you moderators and owners for keeping this a clean site.