Newbie from Colorado Springs

SFguy

Greetings. Just picked up a KJ, Jr. for my wife and myself. Have been using a Weber natural gas grill.

Going to set up the little guy today. Lot to learn which is a good thing.

Also have been a home coffee roaster for years.

Welcome, and congratulations on the addition.  Today I noticed that the only thing I'm using my gas grill for these days is as a place to hold the diverter plates and other stuff I'm not using in the current cook on the Kamado.  Still keep it around as I hope to need more cooking real estate once COVID is closer to equilibrium.  

I've thought about roasting coffee in a Kamado, but don't think you'd have the control you do with most other methods (unless you're using a skillet, in which case you're outside and the smoke issue is handled:good:).  But if you figure another way to, let us know.  

6 hours ago, Boater said:

I've thought about roasting coffee in a Kamado, but don't think you'd have the control you do with most other methods

One of these days I’m going to try a Joetisserie coffee roast. I realize that precise temp control won’t be available, but I’m going to try it anyway.