Baked cod

13 minutes ago, Jack. said:

Boy does that look good!  I cook a lot of fish these days, especially on my Ninja 6-In-One indoor grill or on the KJ Jr.  I've got to start posting some photos.  

You should post some pics, I need some inspiration for more fish.  We enjoy fish but tend to get stuck in the same old things.  I like new and different.

That does look good.  

We used to get Smoked Cod around here all the time.  Sort of the same consistency as Salted Cod, but not quite as dry.  Mum would poach it in milk and it was amazing.  Haven’t seen it in 15 years around here and none of the local fish mongers had memories of it when we asked.  This fall we were in New Brunswick and asked at a fish counter.  Sure enough we bought three nice fillets and ate it for three nights straight!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 3:46 PM, philpom said:

400°f for 14 minutes then under the broiler until crispy.

I want to give this a try - looks great! Do you have any issues with a fishy smell in your kitchen from cooking under the broiler? Thanks!

2 hours ago, jark87 said:

I want to give this a try - looks great! Do you have any issues with a fishy smell in your kitchen from cooking under the broiler? Thanks!

I did not personally notice anything, cod is pretty mild.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:17 PM, philpom said:

I need some inspiration for more fish.  We enjoy fish but tend to get stuck in the same old things.  I like new and

Us too. trying this…..Seems simple, plus came from Costco mag. and want to see if the recipe has any validity. Last recipe from the mag. was average at best.image.thumb.jpeg.35f80b1178c4db6906ceba15b4d4918c.jpeg

On 1/22/2022 at 4:17 PM, philpom said:

I need some inspiration for more fish.

I’ve made the halibut recipe below a couple of times now and it has yet to disappoint. Each time, I’ve paired the fish with the same veggie dish. The maple miso vinaigrette goes great on the halibut, too.