Bacon wrapped Andouille stuffed Pork tenderloin

So is that "only" a link or so of andouille slid into that tenderloin?  Other than the bacon wrap, of course.  Or is there something added alongside.  Looks great, and I have access to some good andouille to put one together.  

(Adds 2 items to grocery list - bacon already there)

That looks very nice. 

Andouillette here in the EU means something entirely different. It's a sausage made from pig intestines - not just the casing, but the entire contents and it smells very strong and awful. It's like a cross between barnyard runoff and pig excrement.

I think it's absolutely vile - but the French enjoy it.

image.thumb.png.46eaab6276a924d84096e00a3fddc89f.png

ADM This could be a case of too much information, your description of it makes me wonder how hungry people must have been to create that, on second thought it might have been a "here hold my beer while I make something," moments.

Andouille is not the same thing as Andouillette.  Two completely different things.

Andouille is smoked sausage.  Andouillette is poop chute.

Traditional Andouille in Louisiana is stuffed in casings from the large intestine and you rarely see it offered commercially any place outside of South Louisiana.  It is stuffed with pretty much every part of the pig that wasn't used for another purpose, spiced heavily and smoked.  Most Andouille you find commercially is either stuffed in small intestine casings or commercial collagen based casing about 1" in diameter when stuffed.

On 1/23/2022 at 12:54 PM, Boater said:

So is that "only" a link or so of andouille slid into that tenderloin?  Other than the bacon wrap, of course.  Or is there something added alongside.  Looks great, and I have access to some good andouille to put one together.  

(Adds 2 items to grocery list - bacon already there)

I don't recall what all was in there, maybe some cheese, veggies etc.  

21 hours ago, philpom said:

I don't recall what all was in there, maybe some cheese, veggies etc.

That's ok.  Gives me an idea to work from.  Onion, some sort of pepper, mozz or similar cheese. Work from there.