Shameless plug for my new Youtube channel

I’ve had random dad bookmarked for about a year now.  Some fun times to be had over in Vermont!

Thats a good looking meal, you’ll have to do another for Superbowl.

A little tip for you?  Instead of a sketchy piece of folded tinfoil for a drip pan, hit up your local dollar store for 16” foil platters.  IIRC I get two for a buck or a buck and a half Canadian (0.035 USD! LOL).  They are nice and strong, about 3/4” deep, so if you are doing a brisket or other really fatty cut, they will hold a ton o’ stuff.  I let them cool off and firm up, then fold and toss them into the bin when done.  You might find them more dependable than foil.  I keep a half dozen on hand in the garage. 

239B3272-71BC-43C8-BC87-E54EC4D570AF.jpeg

On 2/1/2022 at 7:18 PM, JeffieBoy said:

I’ve had random dad bookmarked for about a year now.  Some fun times to be had over in Vermont!

Thats a good looking meal, you’ll have to do another for Superbowl.

A little tip for you?  Instead of a sketchy piece of folded tinfoil for a drip pan, hit up your local dollar store for 16” foil platters.  IIRC I get two for a buck or a buck and a half Canadian (0.035 USD! LOL).  They are nice and strong, about 3/4” deep, so if you are doing a brisket or other really fatty cut, they will hold a ton o’ stuff.  I let them cool off and firm up, then fold and toss them into the bin when done.  You might find them more dependable than foil.  I keep a half dozen on hand in the garage. 

239B3272-71BC-43C8-BC87-E54EC4D570AF.jpeg

Even better I got a 14" stainless one, I just line it with tinfoil to keep it clean!IMG_6509.thumb.JPG.b7f7df114c804ed755b3544165c8bc55.JPG

On 1/27/2022 at 7:23 AM, levic900rr said:

Hey Friends, over Covid I started a YouTube channel which doesn't get any views but is fun. I started venturing into cooking this week so this is a shameless plug. Take a peak, give me a subscribe :)

Congratulations, and great job on the video.  Can't wait to see more cooks heading into spring.

My unsolicited advice / learning if you don't mind my $0.02.... consider making a channel for the cooking videos if you plan to do more.  if someone subscribes for pork butt and cooking and then your next video is cub cadet mower repair part 2 they are not likely to click on it, especially early on which causes the algorithm to throttle showing it to people (people who perhaps might be really interested in part 2 on the cub cadet) and visa versa.

So long as you're having fun doesn't really matter what you do, but thought i'd share what i've learned on trial and error (mostly error)