Hot ‘n fast ribs…

12 minutes ago, Paul in AZ said:

Details??

Sliced two racks of ribs between the bones, seasoned and cooked around a hot Vortex of lump. At 70 minutes the meat on the bones was probing tender and called them done.

10 hours ago, jark87 said:

Hot and fast produces the best ribs for me, but I’ve never seen them cut into individual ribs prior to cooking. Pretty interesting and they look great! 

Individual ribs let them get a bit of crisp all around each rib and even seasoning around each rib.  It's like they do ribs in Italy.

On 3/13/2022 at 10:10 PM, daninpd said:

Individual ribs let them get a bit of crisp all around each rib and even seasoning around each rib.  It's like they do ribs in Italy.

Brilliant! 

But at the same time it frightens me! :shock:

HeeHee! 

They look imminently edible!!! 

Spuntatura alla Griglia (from 1000 Italian Recipes)

3 garlic cloves finely chopped

1/4 cup olive oil

1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Salt

4 lbs spareribs, cut int0 individual ribs

1  In a shallow dish combine the garlic, oil, rosemary, red pepper and salt to taste.  Add the ribs ans stir to coat.  Cover and refrigerate 3 hour or up to overnight.

2  Preheat the grill  and grill the ribs about 6" from the coals turning them frequently, until browned, crisped  and cooked through, about 25 minutes.  Serve hot.

What's the difference in grilling vs bbqing the ribs?  Just time?  Is the taste/texture the same just gets there faster?  Did you sauce them or it is just a dry rub?

They look great and I'm super intrigued!

9 hours ago, UTVol said:

What's the difference in grilling vs bbqing the ribs?  Just time?  Is the taste/texture the same just gets there faster?  Did you sauce them or it is just a dry rub?

They look great and I'm super intrigued!

BBQ is typically 200º to 250ºF slow cook and grilling normally done at much higher temps. With ribs both methods are tender done right, just a different texture of tender.
This was just a dry rub, sure could have tossed them in sauce before serving!

9 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

Tasty looking ribs, been awhile since I've done them that way.  Going to have to change that.

I have never done beef ribs that way unless you count when I have purchased a single short rib cut into half a dozen chunks. Those were pretty good. Of course, no comparison, in my mind, to the full three-bone plate ribs I have done since.