Board Sauce

If you have been here awhile you have probably seen this, If you new or haven't caught a post which describes it, my thought is that it will add another tool to your backyard chef's tool box. The use of what he calls a Board Sauce was described by Adam Perry Lang in his book "Serious BBQ". The technique is extremely simple but also very effective in adding yet another layer of flavor to what ever your taking off your grill grate. In this post I used a board sauce with a prime rib eye. 

The technique:

As your ending your cook, prepare your cutting board to receive and slice what you have cooked. Start by adding a healthy drizzle of good olive oil to the surface of your cutting board. The next step is to sprinkle the oil with what ever rub, herbs or spices you used during your cook.

IMG_1987.thumb.jpeg.93ae5479aeba79aa91bded543af302a3.jpeg

When you place what you have cooked on the cutting board move it around a bit to spread out the oil and herbs. As you slice and plate, use some short tongs to completely dredge each slice in the flavored oil. 

IMG_1988.thumb.jpeg.29b4e0ba8ceddcdcebd1ef2d16662174.jpeg

Personally I use a board sauce with just about anything I pre slice before serving. Steak, Brisket, Pork, Chicken, etc. Give it a try, I am thinking your will enjoy the results. 

IMG_1989.thumb.jpeg.8e588c090fd3bab4caf6870783ef5c78.jpeg

I have used this technique quite a bit. Which I did I did pick up from one of your older posts. It does helps to enhance the flavor of your herbes and spices on the meats. And as always Keeper very appetizing looking plate.

5 hours ago, JeffieBoy said:

We were looking at these during one of out trips down east.  Beautiful but big bucks.

Yeah, can’t argue with that, they are quite pricey, but IMO, definetly worth the expense. I use mine multiple times a day every day, and it holds up and keeps performing. Can’t imagine it ever wearing to the point I’ll need a new board.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, very nice looking board, I need to make one. No larch that I know of in South Carolina I'll have to find an alternative species. Maybe oak, not as pretty but durable.