Tormek T-2 Pro Knife Sharpener

20220330_TormekT2.jpg

I am getting ready to buy one of these:

https://www.tormek.com/usa/en/machine-models/tormek-t-2-pro-kitchen/

I have and have had quite a few knife sharpeners.  I believe this will be the BEST option for sharpening kitchen knives of anything I have or have had in the past.  This sharpener features a diamond wheel (600 grit) and there are optional 360 and 1200 grit stones available.  I will probably add both of those down the road, with the 360 being first in line for damaged blade repairs.  

Looks like a fine machine. John.  Initially I was concerned about a motor-driven sharpener overheating the blade, but after watching their video and seeing that the wheel does not develop enough RPM to overheat the steel, I was no longer concerned.  I'm sure you checked this aspect out before deciding to buy.

I look forward to seeing your video.

14 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

wow, quite an investment.I mihgt want to start a sharoener service with one of those.

I've finally settled in to the oil stones.

I am considering that actually.  I feel like I could recoup my expense if I put my mind to it.  

Tormek is a very good sharpener.   In my city there is location that carry both Tormek T-4 and Tormek T-8.      Getting the different jigs like regular knife jig, small knife jig, large knife jig,  scissor jig, tool jig, tool rest adds to cost but if you do enough sharpening you can recoup the cost and then start making potential profit.   I eventually would like to move in this direction.  Myself.   

Edited by Rob_grill_apprentice

On 3/31/2022 at 2:04 PM, John Setzler said:

I am considering that actually.  I feel like I could recoup my expense if I put my mind to it.  

On 4/4/2022 at 8:11 PM, Rob_grill_apprentice said:

Tormek is a very good sharpener.   In my city there is location that carry both Tormek T-4 and Tormek T-8.      Getting the different jigs like regular knife jig, small knife jig, large knife jig,  scissor jig, tool jig, tool rest adds to cost but if you do enough sharpening you can recoup the cost and then start making potential profit.   I eventually would like to move in this direction.  Myself.   

Sounds like that bug may have bitten a few of us. The pro is so few people I know take proper care of their knives and are working with extremely dull or abused blades. The con is that they are also extremely predisposed to buying new knives as opposed to sharpening their existing blades. So customer acquisition requires a lot of effort to educate potential customers, imo.