Hello from Canada!

Derrick11

Hello everyone.

I have just received my brand new Kamado Joe Big Joe III. I have been reading this forum for a while in anticipation of my new grill arriving. It’s finally here and I must say it’s built like a tank. I can’t wait to break it in. Like everyone here, I have been cooking on charcoal, gas and open fire for years. I am new to the Kamado style of grill so I have a lot to learn. I am glad that I found this forum.

Thanks

Derrick

Welcome to the Guru. Since you have been reading this forum for a while you probably came across this great reference. If not this explains Kamado cooking and moves you along the path to mastering your unique grill (every Kamado style grill cooks slightly different from other grills).

Good book posted by Golf, John put a lot of great info in there. You have somewhat of a head start with knowledge of charcoal but there is a learning curve. Amazing thing is "turning off" the charcoal when done. Hope you enjoy the Big Joe