Publix Prime Rib Roasts - $6.99/lb

16 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

Nice wish we had those around here.  Is that some dry aging I see going on in that last picture?

yea... i put the whole thing in the steak locker... gonna dry age it for 45 days...

Got a 9# one. Made it as a whole roast. Used the ribs to make stock. Leftovers went to steak soup.

Costco needs to have some smaller meat packages such as these-if for nothing else to avoid sticker shock. Freezing, dry aging, vacuum sealing etc. aside.

Above my pay grade as to why they don’t.

John

That's the way standing  rib should look. When you cook the big one please post your complete address one day prior to cooking. I'll bring a few bottles Napa's adult grape juice. 

Mike 

I agree with cosco having smaller packs of meat, but fortunately I inherited a bone saw from my Dad and can make smaller ones. 

1 hour ago, len440 said:

bone saw

Just saw this earlier this week when I was picking up some lump.  Normally $50, but on sale for $30.  If you have an Academy Sports near you, might check it out.  Makes lots of butchering easier.  

Probably not the tool I'd get if I were butchering full time, but I'm not doing that.

https://www.academy.com/p/lem-meat-saw-with-tightening-cam-16-in

• 1 month later...